Monday, May 9, 2011

Well it's about freakin' time!

My scanner has finally arrived, after a much long wait. Now I am back in business, ready to promote again. Good things come to those who wait, of course, but as an artist, I feel handicapped without access to certain devices.  This is another piece to add to my 'Weird Creatures Museum' collection.  I don't know what to name her yet. She is a cat fish, fully equipped with a horn, much like the 'Unicat.' She lives in the depths of the Mediterranean Sea, or is it an Ocean?  Anyway, last year I took the opportunity to travel to southern Spain and Morocco.  I always wanted to go there, because I was well aware of their beautiful architecture, and I wanted to see it in real life. I love the style, and I felt it would be important to allow its moment to shine, in this illustration.

1 comment:

Julie Thorup said...

Nice! I love your use of colors and the striking stripes of your catfish!